The Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has announced a total of 493 vacancies for the post of Apprentices in Technical and Non-Technical Trades at the locations of IOCL in various South Indian states: Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The application procedure regarding the same was commenced by the Corporation in an online mode on Friday i.e., today. Candidates who are interested and eligible for the position are required to visit the official website of IOCL at iocl.com in order to apply in an online mode. However, candidates can do so on or before the deadline set by the IOCL which is 12 December, 2020.
The selection of candidates aspiring for the post will be done on the basis of the candidate's performance and the marks achieved by him/ her in the Written Test. Apart from this, candidates are also required to fulfil the eligibility criteria that has been specified and notified by the Corporation. The Written Test which will be conducted by the IOCL will include various Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s). The questions will consist of a total of four options which will contain one correct answer.
Candidates are also required to meet the educational qualification set by the IOCL regarding various posts, a detailed list of which is given below.
· Trade Apprentice Fitter: Candidates are required to have a Matric along with a ITI in a Fitter Course for two years.
· Trade Apprentice Electrician: Candidates are required to have a Matric along with a ITI in an Electrician Course for two years.
· Trade Apprentice Electronic Mechanic: Candidates are required to have a Matric along with a ITI in an Electronic Mechanic Course for two years.
· Trade Apprentice Instrument Mechanic: Candidates are required to have a Matric along with a ITI in an Instrument Mechanic Course for two years.
· Trade Apprentice Machinist: Candidates are required to possess a ITI in a Machinist Course for two years.
· Trade Apprentice Accountant: Candidates must have a Graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for candidates from the categories: General and Other Backward Class (OBC) and a minimum of 45% marks for categories: Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Benchmark Disability (PWBD).
· Trade Apprentice Data Entry Operator: Candidates must be Freshers and must have passed Class 12 but below Graduation Degree.
· Trade Apprentice Data Entry Operator: Candidates must be skilled Certificate holders and must have passed Class 12 but below Graduation Degree as minimum qualification.