An important notice has been released by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) regarding the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination. The Commission released the notice for aspiring candidates on their official website at ssc.nic.in. The applications regarding the SSC CGL examination have already been commenced in an online mode, however SSC is scheduled to close the application window on 31 January, 2021. In regards to the applications, the Commission in their notice suggested that the aspiring candidates must not wait to apply for the SSC CGL Examination till the last date. The Commission mentioned that the server of the official website is usually down because of heavy traffic following which candidates must apply as soon as possible as the applications are to be submitted in an online mode.
The official notification informs that the Commission is scheduled to conduct the SSC CGL examination for the year 2020 in the months of May and June, 2021 starting from 29 May till 7 June. The Commission has announced a total of 32 posts, however, the details of the vacancies regarding each post has not yet been notified by SSC. The posts which have been announced by the SSC include the following positions: Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer, Assistant, Inspector, Sub-Inspector, Upper Division Clerk, Tax Assistant etc.
Apart from this, aspiring candidates are also required to meet the eligibility criteria which has been specified by the Staff Selection Commission. The Commission has set the Age Limit as 18 years to 32 years, 18 years being the Lower Age Limit and 32 years being the Upper Age Limit. However, the Age Limit criteria differs for different posts. It is advised that candidates must go through the official notification thoroughly in order to check the details and information before applying for various posts. On the other hand, the Pay Scale that will be proffered to selected candidates will vary according to the posts from Level 8 to Level 4.
Candidates must also meet the educational qualifications which have been notified by the Commission, the complete information of which has been mentioned below.
- Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer: For these posts, it is mandatory that candidates possess a mandatory Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field from a recognized University or Institute. Apart from this, the desirable qualifications regarding the posts include: Chartered Accountant/ Cost & Management Accountant/ Company Secretary/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies/ Masters in Business Administration (Finance)/ Masters in Business Economics.
- Junior Statistical Officer: Candidates are required to have attained a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with a minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics at the 12th Class level. Or, candidates must have attained a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the compulsory subjects at Degree level.
- Other Posts: Candidates are required to have attained a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
Candidates who are appearing in the final year of their Graduation are also eligible to apply for the SSC CGL examination, however, it is required that candidates possess the essential qualifications on or before 1 January, 2021.
The SSC CGL Examination will be conducted by the SSC in a total of four Tiers. The details of the examination pattern have been mentioned below.
Tier 1: Computer Based Examination
Tier 2: Computer Based Examination
Tier 3: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive type examination)
Tier 4: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (depends on the post applicable)
Given below is a detailed list of the important dates regarding the SSC CGL Examination for the year 2020.
- Online Application Submission dates: 29 December, 2020 to 31 January, 2021
- Deadline Date and Time for Online Applications Receipt: 31 January, 2021 (23:30)
- Deadline Date and Time for making the Online Fee Payment: 2 February, 2021 (23:30)
- Deadline Date and Time for generating the Offline Challan: 4 February, 2021 (23:30)
- Deadline Date for Challan Payment (during working hours of the respective Bank): 6 February, 2021
- Schedule for the Computer Based Examination (Tier 1): 29 May, 2021 to 7 June, 2021