The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has announced a total of 28 vacancies for which applications have also been called for from interested and eligible candidates for the post of Regional Inspector (in Technical department). The Commission has commenced the application process on 3 November, 2020 while the same will last for a month and get concluded on 3 December, 2020. It has also been informed that the deadline regarding submission of the receipt of the fee payment which has to be done online has been set as 28 November, 2020. Interested and eligible aspirants are required to visit the official website of UPPSC at uppsc.up.nic.in in order to apply for the post of Regional Inspector.
Aspirants are required to fulfil a certain educational qualification in order to be eligible for the recruitment. Following are the details of the required educational qualifications that the candidates can go through.
- · The candidates should have passed the High School examination of the Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Uttar Pradesh or else another examination which has been recognised by the respective equivalent Government.
- · Candidates must also have a Diploma in either Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering awarded by the State Board of Technical Education, both should have been a course of 3 years. Or, the candidate can also have a qualification in any of the disciplines that have been declared equivalent by the State Government or Central Government.
- · Candidates must have at least one year working experience in a renowned automobile workshop which happens to undertake the repair of both light motor vehicles, heavy goods vehicles and heavy passenger motor vehicles which have been fitted with petrol and diesel engine.
- · Candidates should also have access to a Driving License which should authorize him/ her to a drive motor cycle, heavy good vehicles and heavy passenger motor vehicles.
- · Lastly, the candidate should also have thorough and good knowledge of Hindu Language written in Devanagari Script.
The Pay Scale of candidates has been set by the Commission at Matrix Level - 7 Rs 44900 - Rs 142400. The aspirants are also required to fulfil the age criteria set by the Commission. The candidates must have achieved 21 years of age and should not have crossed 40 years of age on 1 July, 2020 which means that the candidates must not have been born before 2 July, 1980 and not after 1 July, 1999.
Candidates are required to pay a mandatory application fee amount as well. Candidates belonging to the categories: Unreserved, Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Other Backward Class (OBC) are required to pay an application fee of Rs 225 (Exam Fee: 200 + Online Processing Fee: 25). Candidates belonging to the categories: Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Ex-Service Men are required to pay Rs 105 (Exam Fee: 80 + Online Processing Fee: 25). Handicapped candidates only have to pay the Online Processing Fee i.e., Rs 25 as application fee. Candidates who are dependents of Freedom Fighters or are Women candidates have to pay according to their original category.
examination will be conducted by the Commission in three stages. The first
paper will be based on the Highway Code, the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, Central
Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 and Uttar Pradesh Motor Vehicle Rules, 1998. The
paper will carry 60 marks and the time duration will be 2 hours. The second
paper will consist of questions from the following sections: Maintenance and
upkeep of motor vehicles, Principal factors relating to road safety, Minor and
major repairs of motor vehicle, Mechanism and working of diesel, Petrol, gas
and dual fuel engines, Service check-up and model routine, Vehicular Air and Noise
pollution. The second paper will carry 120 marks for which candidates will be
given 3 hours-time. The third and last stage will be a Practical examination on
Motor Vehicles carrying 100 marks.